Sumner Brooks creator of EDRD Pro shares on PHIT for a Queen “It is the behaviors that create the health outcome, not the weight that creates Health At Every Size.“
- What is HAES? Heath At Every Size
- Found that if she was going to focus on weight loss as a solution it felt wrong.
- While Body positivity may be a trend the harm that those in larger bodies have experienced is not a trend.
- HAES is a way of living centered around well-being, not size.
- HAES is delivering the same care to everybody.
- Health is not a guarantee.
- Humans are hard-wired to believe common sense over science.
- People will do anything to avoid bullying including weight.
- Created EDRD PRO to bring high-quality education to those anywhere, anytime.
Where you can find Sumner & her EDRD Pro:
Savvy Girl- A guide to Eating
So you know she is legit:
Sumner is a registered dietitian and eating disorder specialist who has been working as an outpatient counselor with clients on all levels of the disordered eating spectrum for over 10 years.
Sumner’s work currently focuses on supporting and educating new and established dietitians with integrating a weight-inclusive approach into their practices and creating resources to improve skills for the identification and treatment of eating disorders. In 2014 Sumner published Savvy Girl: A Guide To Eating available now on Amazon. She wrote and published this book in collaboration with a client to provide readers with both the counselor and client perspective.
This non-diet living handbook written around the Intuitive Eating model, helps people get away from chronic dieting and learn Intuitive Eating. Sumner is enthusiastic about disseminating a weight-neutral approach for health and chronic disease management to reduce oppression and stigma for people living in larger bodies.
Other special interests include Binge Eating Disorder and Intuitive Eating in the treatment of disordered eating. Sumner’s most formative Influencer in the field is the one and only, Elyse Resch! One of the Original Intuitive Eating Pro’s and co-author of the book Intuitive Eating, Elyse has been a mentor and friend who has impacted Sumner’s work, beliefs and counseling style greatly. Sumner has studied under the supervision of Elyse since 2011.