Dr. G’s treatment philosophy for her clients and self:
Here were some questions we were dying to ask and hope you feel are answered on the podcast!
- “Treat the whole person in the context of their values”
- “Treat mind/body as one and avoid labeling of diagnosis”
- Align your energy with your values
- A constant need to keep going, despite recharging of the battery
- Is your recharging contingent on your “checkbox” list
- “What happens to the body when the soul is denied adequately recharging chronically?”
Words of Wisdom for those that are only givers and never takers:
- The old adage ‘To those whom much is given, much is expected’
- Self-care can be misguiding accomplishment driven
- Those that deny self-care, may need it the most!
Fun Facts about Dr. G:
- G was an English major and this is one of her favorite lines from a quote: Maybe at least, being but a broken man I must be satisfied with my heart
- Did you know Dr. G is a big young adult fiction fantasy lover?
Where you can find Dr. G:
So you know she is legit:
Jennifer L. Gaudiani, MD, CEDS, FAED, is the Founder and Medical Director of the Gaudiani Clinic. Board Certified in Internal Medicine, she completed her undergraduate degree at Harvard, medical school at Boston University School of Medicine, and her internal medicine residency and chief residency at Yale. From 2008 to 2016, she was one of the leaders of the ACUTE Center for Eating Disorders at Denver Health, the nation’s top medical stabilization center for adults with eating disorders who are too medically compromised to receive care in a mental health setting. She left as its Medical Director to found the Gaudiani Clinic, which provides superb outpatient medical care to patients of all genders with eating disorders and disordered eating and to those in recovery. The Gaudiani Clinic embraces treating people of all shapes and sizes. Through a collaborative, communicative, multi-disciplinary approach, the Clinic cares for the whole person, in the context of their values.
Dr. Gaudiani has lectured nationally and internationally, is widely published in the scientific literature as well as on blogs, and sits on the board of IAEDP (International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals) as the only internist. Dr. Gaudiani is one of very few outpatient internists in the US who carries the Certified Eating Disorder Specialist designation and is also a Fellow in the Academy for Eating Disorders.