- “I have always wanted to be an author so it was natural to write about her story”
- Use perfectionism for good, not destruction!
- Is on a mission to educate coaches on the forms of eating disorders and bring about awareness.
- We have to have a behavior approach versus appearance approach.
- Happiness in my core!
- By breaking my silence I mustered the courage to recover.
You can follow Rachael at:
Buy her book: Running in Silence on Amazon
So you know she is legit:
Rachael Steil, the author of the self-help memoir Running in Silence: My Drive for Perfection and the Eating Disorder That Fed It, writes articles about running and eating disorders for her website RunninginSilence.com (awarded Top Eating Disorder Blog) and is a speaker and advocate. She was 6th and 7th place NAIA All-American in cross country and track and now coaches high school cross country. Steil's greatest achievement was not breaking a physical barrier, but a mental one