Dr. Janean Anderson shares “Why thoughts matter” on PHIT for a Queen.
- Believes her journey to eating disorder recovery allows her to empathize and be patient with her clients.
- Wrote her book to help others sort out what is the eating disorder and what is you.
- Talks about common thought patterns that are detrimental to mental health: black or white, catastrophizing.
- Explains the different types of therapy & when one may work better than others “Do what works!”
- Unhelpful thoughts create unhelpful behavior that creates behaviors.
- “Thoughts matter”
- Podcast is a mixed of solo interviews on core concepts for recovery and interviews with other experts.
- Stay tuned for her book on Meditations that use concepts from her Recover Your Perspective book.
Where you can find Dr. Janean Anderson:
Dr. Janean Anderson is a licensed psychologist and host of The Eating Disorder Recovery Podcast. Her debut book, Recover Your Perspective: A Guide to Understanding Your Eating Disorder and Creating Recovery Using CBT, DBT, and ACT, became a bestseller. She earned her Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from Colorado State University and completed her predoctoral internship at the University of California, Davis.
Dr. Anderson is a Certified Eating Disorders Specialist (CEDS) through the International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals (IAEDP) and is an iaedp Approved Supervisor (CEDS-S). Dr. Anderson has specialized in the treatment of eating disorders since 2008.
Dr. Anderson is the Founder and Director of Colorado Therapy & Assessment Center, an outpatient treatment center specializing in eating disorders in Denver, Colorado where she resides with her loved ones including her golden retriever. Recovered from an eating disorder herself, she wholeheartedly believes recovery is possible!